Joint Statement: Solidarity with the communists and the working class in Turkey
We express our full solidarity with the communists, the trade unionists, the patriotic and progressive forces and demand the immediate release from custody of all arrested and the punishment of the responsible for the police riots. We support the demand by trade unions and political organizations that ask the resignation of the governor of Istanbul.
Once again the terror deployed in Istanbul demonstrated the hypocrisy governing the European Union, apart of course of the relevance of the NATO “human rights values” governing the allies.
We declare our full support with this “other Turkey”, the Turkey of the struggle for social and democratic rights for the working people, far away from the division between “secular” and “Islamic” forces both serving the interests of big capital, US and EU.
The aim of the reactionary forces is to destroy the memory of the heroically struggle of the working class of Turkey and the sacrifices of the 36 workers killed on May Day 1977 on Taksim Square.
The brutal attacks against the workers and trade unionists in Turkey are attacks against the working class in all countries.
We appeal to the working people and youth, to the trade union movement, all progressive minded people in our countries to strengthen the protest movement against the brutal attack by the Turkish government and to reinforce the internationalist solidarity with the workers and youth in Turkey.
- Algerian Party for Democracy and Socialism
- Democratic Progressive Tribune - Bahrain
- Communist Party of Belarus
- Workers’ Party, Belgium
- Communist Party of Bulgaria
- Party of Bulgarian Communists
- New Communist Party of Britain
- Socialist Workers’ Party of Croatia
- AKEL, Cyprus
- Communist Party of Denmark
- Communist Party in Denmark
- Communist Party of Estonia
- Communist Party of Finland
- Unified Communist Party of Georgia
- Communist Party of Greece
- Hungarian Communist Workers’ Party
- Communist Party of Ireland
- Workers' Party of Ireland
- Party of the Italian Communists
- Socialist Party of Latvia
- Socialist Party of Lithuania
- Communist Party of Luxemburg, KPL
- New Communist Party of Netherlands
- Communist Party of Norway
- Communist Party of Poland
- Portuguese Communist Party
- Socialist Alliance Party, Romania
- Communist Party of the Russian Federation
- Communist Workers Party of Russia-Party of Communists of Russia
- New Communist Party of Yugoslavia, Serbia
- Communist Party of Slovakia
- Communist Party of Peoples of Spain
- Communist Party of Sweden
- Communist Party, Turkey
- Communist Party of Ukraine
- Union of Communists of Ukraine