Links to the old web pages of KKE
Demonstration of PAME at the offices of the EU in Athens against the EU’s immigration policies
The All-workers’ Militant Front (PAME) held a demonstration on the 24/4 in Athens against the EU’s immigration policies, in coordination with the USB Italy (Unione Sindicale di Base), which carried out a similar rally in Rome.
In their joint statement they note:
“They Drown the Peoples in the Mediterranean
The European Imperialists are Murderers-Robbers-Hypocrites
Hundreds of dead in recent days are added to the thousands of immigrants who died tragic deaths in search of a better life, among them many children. Imperialism has turned the Mediterranean into a vast graveyard of souls.
No one must remain indifferent to the ongoing crime, the mass drowning of immigrants and refugees in the Mediterranean.
The Governments of Greece and Italy bear enormous responsibilities, because they support the interventions of the imperialists, the EU and NATO, which have covered the whole the region in blood, from Libya to Iraq and from Syria to Ukraine.
Hundreds of thousands of refugees are victims of the imperialists, hostages in their claws. The imperialists who use human souls as bargaining chips in their fight for oil, for the control of the pipelines and the markets, for the control of the region. The Mediterranean is filled with corpses, and those who do escape experience repression, the savage exploitation of the bosses, the knives of the fascists. Hypocritically the imperialists organize a Summit on Immigration, they shed crocodile tears.
We call on trade unions, the mass organizations to demand:
- No participation, no involvement in the imperialist interventions that are taking place and in those that are being prepared
- No worker should be misled by the pretexts of the imperialists.
- Defiance of the Dublin and Schengen Treaties that have transformed our country into a "warehouse of souls”, trapping people.
- Asylum for the refugees and travel documents so that they can travel wherever they wish.
- Legalization of immigrants who live and work in our country and have acquired living bonds.”