Links to the old web pages of KKE
IMMEDIATE EXTRICATION OF THE REFUGEES-IMMIGRANTS AND TRANSPORT TO THE COUNTRIES OF THEIR REAL DESTINATION
NO TO THE ENTANGLEMENT-PARTICIPATION OF OUR COUNTRY IN THE PLANS AND WARS OF THE IMPERIALISTS, WHO DIVIDE THE PEOPLE AND CAUSE REFUGEES
Workers in Greece, farmers, unemployed, women, young people.
Refugees and immigrants, brought to our country by wars and poverty.
It is only TOGETHER, united, that we can solve our common problems, as our enemy is the same.
We know well what you have been through. That you have abandoned your homes, your families, your life and your dreams.
We are here! We are on your side to support you!
You are victims of capitalist barbarity, which bears wars, poverty, misery, uprooting.
You are the victims of the imperialists, the US, NATO, the EU and other capitalist states, competing for their profits, for oil, gas and their transportation routes, for the geopolitical control of entire areas, for the monopolies to grow rich. All of them, in cooperation with local bourgeois forces, made military interventions in Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and elsewhere. They equipped the jihadists, the "al-Qaeda", the "Talibans", exploiting existing and non-existent religious and cultural differences so people shed their blood for the profits of the few.
The KKE denounces Turkey's invasion of Syria, which could trigger new waves of refugees. It expresses its solidarity with the Syrian people and the Kurdish population of the region.
We are aware of the poor conditions in the hotspots of the islands and the mainland camps. The ones who bombed you and uprooted you from your homes are the ones who prevent you from reaching the countries you want. Resolving the refugees-immigration issue requires conflicting with the causes that create it, with EU policies.
NO TO THE EU - TURKEY AGREEMENT.
KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THE RIGHT TO ASYLUM!
The Greek governments are not "innocent" for the desperate ones who arrive in the country.
The ND government allegedly says that Greece will "not be an open door".
But ND and SYRIZA have made the country "an open door" for NATO-US-EU, installing military bases everywhere. These bases are launching pads of war and intervention against countries and peoples, increasing refugee waves. The aim of the country's "geostrategic upgrade" is not about the peace and security of the Greek people, but the promotion of monopoly interests in the wider region.
The ND government wants to apply even more rigorously the EU-Turkey Agreement signed by SYRIZA, but also the entire EU reactionary framework, which has resulted in the entrapment and deaths of thousands of people.
The new law the government voted for refuses to give international protection to people who are entitled to it. It attacks the basic rights of uprooted asylum seekers, as well as the rights of the Greek people. Instead of solving the problem of transport to the countries of their real destination, it intends to fill the country with centers-prisons for people who have committed no crime, with the aim of mass expulsions. This policy is both reactionary and leads to an impasse. It will lead to more entrapment, more misery and despair. It will create even more problems for permanent residents.
The other parties implement the EU Dublin Asylum Regulation, which prohibits refugees from moving to the countries of their destination.
ND, like SYRIZA, throws thousands of asylum seekers on the road, exposing them to considerable risks.
Refugees-immigrants are uprooted people, the majority of whom want to leave Greece!
THEY ARE NOT INVADERS!
Workers, women, men and young people of our country.
ISOLATE RACISM AND XENOPHOBIA!
Some people, known for their bullying action against Greek and foreign workers, exploit the situation, cultivating a climate of hatred and fear.
We Greeks know about refugeeism and migration. We understand the pain. Even today thousands of young people have been forced to emigrate. No one takes his child in his arms to cross mountains and seas, because he had some spare time. Your opponent is not a different race, religion or culture. Do not justify the capitalist monster, which is the opponent, as well as the refugees'-immigrant's one. The same opponent can be found at your workplace, during your unemployment, in the impasses of your life, in your own emigration.
REFUGEES - IMMIGRANTS, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
THE KKE CALLS ON ALL PEOPLE AND THE WORKERS'-PEOPLE'S MOVEMENT TO STRENGTHEN SOLIDARITY WITH THE UPROOTED PEOPLE.
- All hotspots on the islands and in Evros must be closed down. Asylum seekers must firstly be transferred to the mainland, to public, open and decent places of accomondation, to hotels and apartments and then to the countries of their destination.
- No minor should live under unsuitable conditions, unprotected, homeless or imprisoned. Special care and creation of public housing structures for unaccompanied minors.
- The problem of family reunification and transfer to other EU Member States must be resolved NOW.
- People coming from countries where imperialist or civil wars are being conducted and countries under imperialist occupation, as well as victims of reactionary regimes must be given asylum.
- Reliable and fast asylum applications procedures must be secured, which will be examined exclusively by the Asylum Service with the recruitment of the necessary staff.
- Full and free healthcare and vaccinations must be ensured for all refugees, asylum seekers and immigrants, without terms and conditions.
- All children must have access to education without any NGO involvement.
- Measures should be taken for the full social integration of refugees who will remain in our country.
- Full staffing of all services dealing with refugees, asylum seekers and immigrants with permanent staff and immediate settlement of unpaid wages.
- 100% compansation to the islanders and mainland inhabitants who have been damaged by the double entrapment imposed by the EU and the ND and SYRIZA governments.